Getting to Know EasyKnock
Who is EasyKnock?
In 2016, after working in finance for a combined 40+ years, Jarred Kessler and Ben Black sought to provide homeowners with an alternative solution to an all-too-common problem: being unable to access the value of their homes without the hassle of loans, banks, and moving.
EasyKnock is revolutionizing homeownership for millions of Americans who are looking to turn their most valuable and cherished asset into a foundation for their futures and their finances.
How is EasyKnock different from loans, iBuyers, and fractional ownership companies?
Unlike loans and iBuyers that only focus on a one-off transaction, we build a relationship with you and a personalized solution that works for your needs and your goals. Fractional ownership companies can provide up to approximately 20% of your home's value, we can provide up to 100% of your home's value (usually up to 75% in cash at closing).
We make this possible through our sale-leaseback programs, instead of stressful loans or iBuying.
What is a residential sale-leaseback?
A residential sale-leaseback is when the homeowner sells their house to an individual, investor, or business and leases it back. Sale-leaseback is common in many industries, including commercial real estate. Now we’re bringing it to homeowners.
Where are you based?
We're a team of passionate real-estate, finance and customer service experts based mostly in the New York City area with other employees in Washington, DC and Los Angeles. We're always looking for new talent so check out our jobs page to join our mission!
Which markets do you serve?
We operate in most states, but cannot service every market. The best way to find out if we can serve you is by filling out our qualification form.
How does EasyKnock ensure the customer comes first?
EasyKnock was designed entirely with our customer’s needs in mind.
1) We take the time to customize each sale-leaseback plan to meet an individuals’ needs and provide thorough guidance every step of the way.
2) We believe in transparency. This means we explain every detail of our estimates and contracts until you are completely comfortable. We outline all fees, the option value, option price, and rent costs.
3) If for some reason, you can no longer make your rent payments, we work with you to create a solution to help get you back on track.
4) The EasyKnock Option™ protects your contractual right to the residual value of the home.
5) We strive to comply with all applicable FTC, state, and tenant laws.