Getting to Know EasyKnock
Who is EasyKnock?
In 2016, after working in finance for 20+ years, Jarred Kessler sought to provide homeowners with an alternative solution to an all-too-common problem: being unable to access the value of their homes without the hassle of loans, banks, and moving.
By selling their home and remaining as a renter, EasyKnock is a revolutionary path for millions of American homeowners who are looking to turn their most valuable and cherished asset into a foundation for their futures and their finances.
How is EasyKnock different from loans, iBuyers, and fractional ownership companies?
Unlike loans and iBuyers that only focus on a one-off transaction, we build a relationship with you, personalizing a solution that works for your needs and your goals. Fractional ownership companies can provide up to approximately 20% of your home's value, we can provide up to 100% of your home's value (usually up to 75% in cash at closing and the remainder in an option that allows you to control the timing to repurchase the home or direct EasyKnock to sell on the open market).
We make this possible through our sale-leaseback programs, instead of traditional lending products or selling your home and moving.
What is a residential sale-leaseback?
A residential sale-leaseback is a transaction where you the homeowner sells your house to an individual, investor, or business, and rent it back. A sale-leaseback is not a loan and is common in many industries, including commercial real estate. Now we're bringing it to homeowners.
Are you a foreclosure consultant?
Where are you based?
We're a team of passionate real-estate, finance, and customer service experts located across the country. We're always looking for new talent so check out our jobs page to join our mission!
Which markets do you serve?
We operate in most states, but cannot service every market. The best way to find out if we can serve you is by filling out our qualification form.
How does EasyKnock ensure the customer comes first?
EasyKnock was designed entirely with your needs in mind.
1) We take the time to customize each sale-leaseback plan to meet your needs and provide thorough guidance every step of the way.
2) We believe in transparency. This means we explain every detail of our estimates and contracts until you are completely comfortable. We outline all fees (upfont closing fees, option fee, etc.), costs (including transaction costs and monthly rent) as well as the contractual repurchase price, where applicable*.
* not available in all markets
3) If for some reason, you can no longer make your rent payments, we work with you to create a solution to help get you back on track, solutions could include deferring or restructuring rent payments or even assisting your relocation to a different property and agreeing to exercise the option to have EasyKnock sell the home on the open market.
4) Some EasyKnock transactions include an option that allows you (as long as you are in good standing) the right to control the timing around repurchase or sale of the home on the open market.